Looking for the perfect vegan banana bread recipe which is made of simple ingredients, quick and easy, plus healthy and delicious? Look no further – after much trial and error, and much banana bread tasting, I’ve got the perfect vegan banana bread recipe for you!
One of my fondest memories from my childhood in the US, takes the form of a freshly baked, old-fashioned loaf of banana bread. It was my mother’s love, infused into the most delicious of cakes. I came to love this treasured household staple of ours so much that I even wrote a poem about it, one rainy middle school day, while stuck in detention:
Banana bread after school;
the simplest, the sweetest reason
to want to be home.
As a mother’s love is passed down through generations, so can this banana bread be passed on to the ones you love.
While my mother’s banana bread certainly wasn’t vegan, nowadays, a recipe doesn’t need to include animal products to be delicious! Applesauce helps give this cake it’s moist and delicious texture; flaxseeds perfectly replace the egg that is a part of many classic recipes. Enjoy it warm with vegan spread (instead of butter), jam, nut butter or fresh fruit – and a glass of non-dairy milk on the side!
Make it, savor it, and nourish your loved ones with this healthy, simple, low-sugar, vegan version of the old classic vegan banana bread recipe:
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup & 3 tbs mashed bananas (the riper the better)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (omit this for a sugar-free option)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbs ground flax mixed with 1/4 cup water
- (optional) 1 sprinkle of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- In a small cup, combine ground flax seed with water. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash banana. Add applesauce, coconut oil, flax/water mixture, and vanilla.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a separate large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed – don’t over stir.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or into cupcake/muffin liners and bake for 30 minutes.
This healthy version is an adaptation of This Rawsome Vegan Life’s banana bread.
🍌 Enjoy! If you liked this recipe, or want to see more posts like this, let us know in the comments below.